A deed is a legal document that conveys an interest in real estate. It is a written instrument executed by the grantor that grants title or some other right or interest in property to another person or persons, called the grantee(s). Different types of deeds can be used in California for the transfer of property.
At The Law Office of Donna Bachoura, we can ensure that your deeds as well as all other legal documents are prepared properly per legal standards. We also provide services for proper notarization and the recording of documents with governmental agencies. As a firm that concentrates on all aspects of estates, you can rely on our extensive knowledge and experience in handling these vital matters.
More About Deeds in California
In California, the requirements for executing a proper deed include:
- The parties (grantor and grantee) must agree to the terms of the deed.
- The title should be properly conveyed from one party to another.
- The deed should be properly signed and witnessed by at least two people.
- The deed should be recorded with the county recorder's office.
Types of deeds in California can include:
- Grant Deed - Used for conveying clear title from one party to another.
- Quitclaim Deed - Used for conveying any potential interest in real property without warranty or guarantee.
- Warranty Deed - Used for conveying real estate with full warranties of title from seller to buyer.
- Special Warranty Deed - Used when limited warranties are given by the seller to the buyer.
- Trust Transfer Deeds – Used to transfer your ownership of real property as an individual to your trust.
- Affidavits of Death – Used to change the title on real estate after a joint tenant, trustee, or trustor has died.
- Affidavit of Incapacity – Used to declare the incapacity of an individual by a medical doctor.
- Affidavit of Death of Joint Tenants – Used to transfer the title to the surviving owner after a joint tenant has died.
- Bargain and Sale Deeds - Used when certain warranties are given by the seller, but not all possible interests are conveyed.
Whatever your needs may be regarding deeds, our law firm can provide trusted legal assistance to ensure that it is handled according to California law for the protection of all parties.
"I found Donna when I was looking for help with my family's estate planning. Working with her was a step by step process. They were professional and courteous! After a few meetings, we completed the required paperwork."JP
"When I first met Donna she was so welcoming and kind. When we began looking over documents she took her time to explain things to me and made sure I understood everything we discussed. With her help, I was able to organize and prepare the proper documents "Katrina
"She did my trust and both my parent’s trusts and was not only super knowledgeable and efficient, but also very easy to work with. She greets you with her friendly smile and makes you feel right at home."Staci M.
Contact Our Office
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (626) 325-0660.